Here are a few highlights from our trip to New York City last week.
|View of the city from Top of the Rock|
|American Museum of Natural History|
|On a double-decker bus tour of the city
|With the Balto Statue in Central Park|
|In the Minskoff Theatre lobby overlooking Times Square before seeing The Lion King
|At Belvedere Castle in Central Park|
|Statue of Liberty
|The new Freedom Tower/One World Trade Center, under construction|
My favorite moments included….
- riding the Ferris Wheel located inside the Times Square Toys “R” Us
- following the girls around as they shopped in the American Girl store
- walking into St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- lunch (twice!!) at the Shake Shack (quite possibly the best burger I’ve ever put in my mouth)
- spending a beautiful morning in Central Park
- standing at the 9/11 Memorial, trying to comprehend all that happened that day, while marveling at the indomitable spirit that is spurring on all the re-building
- taking a taxicab back to the hotel on Thursday night when we were too exhausted to take another step!
Other unforgettable moments were walking the Brooklyn Bridge in the pouring rain and eating in the back of a tiny Mexican grocery store which, according to our daughters, didn’t even qualify as a hole-in-the-wall (but the people were so very friendly!)
Today it’s back to work and school, but I’m thankful for the wonderful memories we made!
aurie good says
What great photos and memories 🙂 We need to explore NYC more. We are so close and yet only really do Times Square when we go in. I'm marking down the Shake Shack to try!
The Shake Shack was definitely a winner! We went to two different locations and had to wait in line both times, but it was worth it. Seating is limited, but at the location near the natural history museum, there were benches across the street, so we had a nice picnic.
Another favorite food find was John's Pizzeria, which wasn't too far outside of Times Square. We ate there twice, too! 🙂
SUCH AN AWESOME TRIP!!!!!!! I love everything you listed, and the pics are GREAT!!!
That looks like such a great trip! Hopefully, we can make it up there one day.