I enjoy reading parenting books that encourage me. I also appreciate other moms sharing the lessons they’ve learned from their own experiences, and often seek to apply those ideas myself. However, I know that ultimately the Bible provides all the wisdom I need for every area of my life, including my parenting.
Today I would like to give you five of my favorite Bible verses that relate to rearing our children. I’m not adding any commentary on these right now, but over the next couple of weeks I plan to write an individual post on each verse and how I am trying to apply it to this very important job I have as a mother.
1. “Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.” ~Psalm 127:3
2. “And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.” ~Deuteronomy 6:6-7
3. “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” ~Proverbs 22:6
4. “My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.” ~Proverbs 1:8-9
5. “But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.” ~Luke 2:19
What’s your favorite Bible verse about parenting?
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.