Every day, I need God’s grace. Whether I’m on top of the mountain or down in the valley, He is the one who can provide what I lack.
As we go through our days, here are several types of grace we might need.
1. Saving grace. If you’ve never accepted Jesus as your Savior, you need the grace that God offers for salvation. Recognizing you’re a sinner and putting your faith and trust in Jesus as the only way to heaven is the greatest gift of grace ever given. “For by grace are ye saved through faith….” (Ephesians 2:8,9)
2. Giving grace. To overcome our selfish nature, we need grace to give of ourselves and whatever we have in order to help and serve others “Use hospitality one to another without grudging. As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” (I Peter 4:9,10)
3. Growing grace. To grow in our prayer life or in studying our Bible, we need grace. Becoming more like Christ on a daily basis will only happen through His grace. “But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ….” (II Peter 3:18)
4. Sustaining grace. Dark days and trials will come. Whether it’s a physical illness, an emotional situation, or a spiritual struggle, God can give grace to make it through. “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness….” (II Corinthians 12:9)
5. Forbearing grace. If I continually battle sins of the tongue, God’s grace can bring me deliverance. No matter what sin besets me, God has the grace to overcome it. “…But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 5:20,21)
What kind of grace do you need today?