I’m only 15 months into parenting a teenage daughter. There are many bright spots along with a few challenges, but I am amazed by all the changes that are taking place as my daughter’s personality emerges and her interests develop.
In case you wonder what it’s like around our house at times, here are a few clues.
- The hall bathroom smells like a Bath and Body Works store
- There are more clothes on the floor of her room than on the hangers in the closet
- Her shower takes longer than international peace talks
- She can text faster with two thumbs than I can type with ten fingers
- She owns more bottles of nail polish than a drug store
- Stories about her day include updates on which girl likes which boy in her class
- She doesn’t always know why she’s crying
- I’ve been asked more than once, “Are you really going to wear that?”
- A mocha frappe from McDonalds or a caramel mocha frappucino from Starbucks can make almost any day better
- I’m developing a special relationship with a young lady who, Lord willing, will some day be one of my dearest friends
In just ten short months, I’ll be adding a second teenage daughter to the mix when my younger one turns 13. Should be fun!!
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.