Can June really be gone? It was a wonderful month filled with family vacation, a visit from my brother, and outings with friends. Our older daughter got home from her week at camp Saturday afternoon. I am happy to report that she had a great time! I think she’d pack up and leave again today if she could. 🙂
All of that activity means that I was a little lax when it came to keeping up with my goals in June. Sadly, I think I’ve said that for the last couple of months, so I need to get back on track.
1. Review two memory verse passages each month. I’ve put this goal on hold for June and July. I usually review my verses with the girls during our daily Bible time before school. While we’re still having a Bible time for the summer, it’s not as structured and consistent, so I’ll pick this back up in August.
2. Send a note or e-mail of encouragement to someone every week. Done in June.
3. Continue writing my “list of gifts” each morning. Continued in June.
4. Keep a prayer journal. Continued in June.
5. Start each morning listening to good music. This goal is also suspended for the summer due to the varying times we get up each day.
1. Read through my 2014 reading list. I read 8 books from my reading list in June.
Take a cooking class.
3. Devote 30 minutes a week to writing projects. I did this one week last month.
1. Continue monthly date nights for all. My husband and I had a date night Friday night. We visited Bonefish Grill for the first time.
2. Do one specific thing to encourage my husband each week. I did this twice in June.
3. Plan one special homeschool day each month. Suspended for the summer.
1. Exercise at least 20 minutes a day, 4 times a week. Done in June.
2. Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days a week. I was fairly consistent with this last month.
3. Follow along with Crystal’s 12 Months to a Healthier You Challenge. This month’s challenge was to create a morning routine. This was difficult in June as each week seemed to hold a slightly different schedule than the one before. I love routine, but for the summer months, I’ve settled for getting up in time to make my husband’s breakfast, pack his lunch, and have my devotions before the girls get up. I know that when school starts in August, I’ll get back to a much stricter schedule!
How are you doing with your current goals?
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.