As I mentioned on Wednesday, I get excited about creating a list of goals for a new year! I see so much room for improvement in each area of my life, but try to set a reasonable number of goals so that I can be challenged, yet not too overwhelmed or discouraged as the months progress.
A few of these are ongoing goals – they have been on my list before, but I want to continue meeting them in the new year.
1. Review two memory verse passages each month. In recent years, I have learned 16 Scripture passages, including a few entire chapters in the Bible. Since my memory isn’t what it used to be, I want to cement those in my mind. Rather than learning new verses in 2014, I will be reviewing those previously learned verses.
2. Send a note or e-mail of encouragement to someone every week. I want to continue this goal from last year.
3. Continue writing my “list of gifts” each morning. I feel like this daily habit keeps my focus on being grateful.
4. Keep a prayer journal. I’ve done this in the past, but want to be more consistent in recording specific prayers and their answers.
5. Start each morning listening to good music. Another habit from the past that I’ve not been doing consistently.
1. Read through my 2014 reading list (coming next week).
2. Take a cooking class.
3. Devote 30 minutes a week to writing projects.
1. Continue monthly date nights for all.
2. Do one specific thing to encourage my husband each week. This could be a written note or e-mail, making his favorite meal or dessert, running an errand/doing a task for him, etc.
3. Plan one special homeschool day each month. For January, we’ll be celebrating National Pie Day on January 23.
1. Exercise at least 20 minutes a day, 4 times a week.
2. Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days a week.
3. Follow along with Crystal’s 12 Months to a Healthier You Challenge. I plan to attempt each of her monthly challenges.
Have you set any goals for the new year? I’d love to hear about them!
I enjoy reading your goals and keeping up with how you're doing. I'm sure you'll do great this year!
Oh, and I have "borrowed" a couple of your goals for my year! I hope you don't mind. 🙂
Tracey Brewer says
Of course I don't mind at all!! Looking forward to reading your goals – and this means we can encourage each other along the way!!