Having goals inspires me, so I typically start the year off with a bang! I’m thankful to have been able to get a good start on many of these in January, and I hope the momentum will continue in the coming months.
1. Review two memory verse passages each month. I was able to review three passages this month.
2. Send a note or e-mail of encouragement to someone every week. Done for January.
3. Continue writing my “list of gifts” each morning. Done in January.
4. Keep a prayer journal. Done in January.
5. Start each morning listening to good music. Was fairly consistent with this as well.
1. Read through my 2014 reading list. I read three books from my list this month.
2. Take a cooking class. I signed up at our local technical college for a class next week!
3. Devote 30 minutes a week to writing projects. For January, I set a goal of writing one page a day in a journal. Some days I wrote about my day; others, I just chose a topic and filled a page with related thoughts. I only missed two days out of the 31, so I thought that was pretty good.
1. Continue monthly date nights for all. Done for January.
2. Do one specific thing to encourage my husband each week. Done for January. (I put a note and small candy bar in his lunch one day, attempted tiramisu for the first time, ordered him a book I thought he’d enjoy, and sent this in his lunch yesterday. 🙂
3. Plan one special homeschool day each month. We celebrated National Pie Day.
1. Exercise at least 20 minutes a day, 4 times a week. Done in January. I find the exercising easier than the healthy eating!
2. Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days a week. I did well with this in January. I am trying to eat a fruit or vegetable with each meal and that way it’s taken care of for the day.
3. Follow along with Crystal’s 12 Months to a Healthier You Challenge. Crystal’s challenge this month was exercising consistently, so that was a relatively easy one for me.
Do you have any goals you’re currently trying to reach? Let me know how you’re progressing!
I think I did fairly well this month even though I didn't achieve all of my goals. But you did great!! The bananas are really cute; what a great idea! How fun to take a cooking class! One day, I want to take a cake decorating class. One day….
aurie good says
I enjoy reading your progress! I have made NO progress on anything,simply because I haven't been home long enough to actually accomplish anything 🙂 I'm hoping to remedy that in the coming weeks!
Wow… How is January already over…
Dionna Sanchez says
Wow – what ambitious goals! Give yourself some grace if you don't find you're able to keep up with them all. Sometimes one a week is all we can muster. 🙂