|The sand castle our girls built on Saturday|
I finally took some time over the weekend to plan our summer!
My scheduling is a little different this year. I’ve broken our activities down into our daily tasks as well as our more focused studies that will take place three days a week. Those may be different days each week depending on what else we have scheduled. We have six weeks that are relatively empty (meaning no camps, Vacation Bible School, out-of-town trips, etc.)
- Bible time. I downloaded this printable 6 Week Children’s Bible Reading Plan for the Gospel of John and we will be following it to read through John this summer.
- Lunch time read-aloud. I hope to read through two books this summer, The Borrowers by Mary Norton and Carry On, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham.
- Piano practice, 30 minutes a day.
Three Days a Week:
- Theme study (read library books on that week’s theme, do related projects, etc.)
- Critical Thinking with Dr. Funster’s Word Benders
- Rosetta Stone Spanish Level 1
- Typing Instructor
Here are the themes we’re going to study this summer. It’s rather a miscellaneous collection, but each of the girls can select a topic related to that week’s theme to learn about.