Grandparents who pass along a Godly heritage to their grandchildren are a priceless blessing. Our daughters have grandparents who cover them in prayer, share spiritual wisdom, and invest in their lives in any way possible.
Next week, our daughters will be spending several days by themselves with my parents. The excitement level at our house is very high right now!
The things that our children look forward to at their grandparents’ house are simple, yet special, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Individual time with Grandmama which involves a trip to the library, a free cookie from the grocery store bakery and a stop at the dollar store
- Made-up stories from Granddaddy about a “floppy-eared mule”
- Shelves of old children’s books in an upstairs bedroom with comfy seating
- Small rag dolls with their own wardrobe for clothes and accessories
- A special treat under their pillow on the first and last nights of their stay
- Grandmama reading bedtime stories
- Pizza for lunch on Fridays
- Window shopping in a toy store and riding a kiddie train at an upscale mall
- Taking pictures and recording video on old cell phones that Grandmama saved for them
- Attending Granddaddy’s and Grandmama’s church and riding the bus home afterwards
As parents, we love people who love our children. When they’re related to you as well? How sweet it is!
Are your children able to spend time with their grandparents? Are there certain things they enjoy doing together?