While getting our daughters to bed at night is a relatively smooth process , there are still plenty of last-minute exchanges just before I leave their room. Here’s a sampling of what you might hear on a given evening.
- I’m hot.
- I’m cold.
- Did you turn on the night light?
- My tummy/head/leg/(any other body part) hurts.
- What’s for breakfast tomorrow?
- I’m not tired.
- I’m thirsty.
- Good night (repeated several times at varying volumes).
- Don’t let the bed bugs bite!
- We’re going to bed early/late (depends on the day!)
- Will you rub my back?
- You’re the best mom in the whole world!
- I love you!
What do your children like to say at bedtime?
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.