While getting our daughters to bed at night is a relatively smooth process , there are still plenty of last-minute exchanges just before I leave their room. Here’s a sampling of what you might hear on a given evening.
- I’m hot.
- I’m cold.
- Did you turn on the night light?
- My tummy/head/leg/(any other body part) hurts.
- What’s for breakfast tomorrow?
- I’m not tired.
- I’m thirsty.
- Good night (repeated several times at varying volumes).
- Don’t let the bed bugs bite!
- We’re going to bed early/late (depends on the day!)
- Will you rub my back?
- You’re the best mom in the whole world!
- I love you!
What do your children like to say at bedtime?
"I'm not tired" is definitely in there…as well as anything else she thinks she hasn't told me and will give her a shot at staying up just a teeny bit longer.
LOL! My kids can so relate to most of these. 😀
"Will you come in and pray?" as if we don't pray every night.
"Hey mom"…followed by numerous questions.
"Can I sleep in your room?"
Kids are too funny.
Haha I am not a mom yet, but I have been babysitting/nannying for ten years now, and I have heard it all as well! Gotta love what kids come up with before bed!
I my I totally relate! I am trying to read the UBP10 blogs and my girls won't settle down to go to bed!
Nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by my place today.