Here we are in September already! It certainly doesn’t feel like fall here, but it’s still nice to start thinking about a new season.
Today I’m taking a quick look back at five of my favorite things from August.
Amazon affiliate links are included below. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
1. A Staying Prayer for Parents. This is episode 240 of Emily P. Freeman’s podcast The Next Right Thing. I have listened to this prayer several times as I’ve processed our girls leaving for college again. It’s beautiful and sad and uplifting and poignant all at the same time. No matter what stage of parenting you’re in, I highly recommend taking four minutes to listen.
2. Yobola Bluetooth Earbuds. Up until recently, I’d still been using wired earbuds for listening to music or podcasts when I was out walking. I didn’t want to spend the money for AirPods, not knowing if I would actually like the feel of them in my ears. I found this inexpensive pair on Amazon and like them a lot. I’ve been using them for six weeks now, and at the current price of $16.51 (random Amazon price when I posted this) they’ve definitely been worth it.
3. Baked Chicken Wings. My husband usually grills wings for us, but one weeknight I had part of a package of wings that I wanted to use up, so I tried this recipe. They were delicious! In fact, I think this might be part of our Labor Day menu on Monday.
4. Obbii Leopard iPhone 11 Protective Case. I wanted a new phone case for fall so I ordered this one from Amazon. It’s really cute and seems to offer good protection.
5. Mylas Grey Mysteries by Luana Ehrlich. I read the first book in this four-book series a while ago but just read the last three recently. The first and third books were my favorites.
Have a great holiday weekend!!
I should look into getting a pair of Bluetooth earbuds for when I listen to podcasts. The cord sometimes get hung up in my knitting. 🙂
The rest of my family has had Bluetooth earbuds for a while, so I guess I’m a late adapter 🙂 It’s a lot more convenient not to have that cord swinging around or getting caught on something!
YES! I finally switched to wireless earbuds on my walks, and it definitely changed my life in a great way! It was extra worth it to me, because I walk for at least one hour – if not two hours – a day with the dogs. I’m not an early adopter, either. 😜
Good for you – that’s lots of walking!! I average about 50 minutes to an hour a day – we’ve been having beautiful walking weather lately, too!