Welcome to the blog on this first Friday in June! How’s your week been? Ours has been full, but we’re getting some necessary appointments and meetings out of the way, so that’s good.
Before May is too far in the rearview mirror, I thought I’d take a quick look back at five fun finds from the month. I hope you find something on the list that you’ll enjoy, too!
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting Girls to Grow through your purchases!
1. Waterproof Outdoor Decorative Throw Pillow Covers Pack of Four Garden/Leaf Pattern. Two of these are currently on the bench on our front porch. I also got these pillow inserts if you need them and so far I’ve been pleased with both purchases.
2. Overcomer. I realize that this movie came out several years ago, but my husband and I had never watched it. We were searching for something to watch one Friday night, so I rented it on Amazon Prime Video. It’s a little bit long, but I thought it was very good and worth the watch.
3. Tidewater Bride by Laura Frantz and A Dangerous Legacy by Elizabeth Camden. Thought I’d include these two books as one “find” since I enjoyed reading both of them in May. They’re historical fiction, which I don’t tend to read a lot of on a regular basis. Tidewater Bride is set in coastal Virginia during colonial days and A Dangerous Legacy is set in New York City in the early 1900s. I got caught up in both stories and plan to read more by those authors.
4. The Moment This Dad Realized Youth Sports Were Ending, Forever. I went through these emotions a year ago when our youngest daughter cheered at her last basketball game, acted in her last school play, and performed in her last fine arts concert. Just reading this post brought back all those feelings!
5. Change Your Life Chicken. Kendra Adachi, aka The Lazy Genius, recently released a book The Lazy Genius Kitchen. (Side note: I don’t have the book yet, but I plan to buy it for my daughter who’s getting married in January.) She also produced a set of related videos which I found very entertaining. So, to get to the point – in one of the videos, she mentioned this Change-Your-Life Chicken recipe. I made it one night and it was a winner! I pretty much followed her recipe exactly and plan to make it again.
If you’ve recently come across a fun find, let me know what it is in the comments! I hope you have a great weekend!