Hello on this last Friday of the month! Do you feel like February has flown by? It sure seems that way here. I’m looking forward to what’s ahead in March, though, as I have several fun things planned.
And speaking of fun 🙂 Five Fun Finds is a monthly feature I usually send out to email subscribers, but occasionally I bring it over here to the blog. (You can click here to subscribe to my email list and receive weekly updates and other content.) So here’s my list of five things I’m enjoying this February!
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting Girls to Grow through your purchases!
1. Calloway Mills Pineapple Doormat Natural/Black. I wanted a big welcome mat for the front door at our new house and this one is a nice, large size. I’ve had it down for over a month now, and it looks good and is holding up well.
2. Praying the Scriptures for Your Adult Children by Jodie Berndt. I’ve mentioned this book before, but it’s worth bringing up again. Each chapter deals with different topics to pray about that are specifically related to adult children. At the end of each chapter, she includes Scripture-based prayers that readers can pray. I will definitely re-read this book on a regular basis.
3. Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Rice. Over supper one night last week, my husband and I were reminiscing about some of the meals I made when we were first married. He mentioned that he really liked a pork chops and rice recipe I used to make in the slow cooker. I must have made that recipe every other week back then and I got so. tired. of. it. I don’t know that our girls have even ever had it – that’s how long it’s been since I made it. But I love my husband 🙂 so I found this recipe that I’m planning to make next week. Hopefully, it will be as good as the one he remembers. I’ll let you know!
4. Banana Republic Factory Knit Moto Jacket. I bought this jacket several weeks ago and like it so much!! It’s softer than say a denim jacket and very comfortable. I got it in the vegan (kind of olive green) color and it’s a great weight for this late winter/early spring weather.
5. Untrammelife 4-Light Black-Lantern Pendant Light. I was looking for a light fixture for my husband’s office and this caught my eye. It would also be great in an entryway, over a kitchen island, or in a breakfast nook.
After several days away, my husband gets home from Minneapolis tonight, so I’m looking forward to catching up with him! Tomorrow night we’re attending his company’s annual awards gala, so that will be our big event for the weekend. Hope yours is a good one!
That recipe looks so good and yummy! And the jacket is very pretty!
February *DID* fly by!!! Definitely want to hear if the recipe was a good as he remembered! 😀
It did end up being delicious – I even liked it! 🙂 It was definitely a little different than my original recipe (which I ditched a long time ago) but it was high up on the comfort food scale.