Hello on this chilly Friday morning! We have the potential for freezing rain here later today, so the local schools transitioned to online learning and some businesses are closing early. Thankfully I had planned to stay inside today anyway! Our girls are here packing up since they head back to college tomorrow.
Five Fun Finds is a monthly feature I usually send out to email subscribers, but I thought I’d bring it over to the blog today. (Click here to subscribe to my email list and receive weekly updates and other content.) So here’s my list of five things I’m enjoying this January!
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting Girls to Grow through your purchases!
1. Adidas Women’s Essentials Fleece Sweatshirt. If you’re looking for a classic sweatshirt, then this one is for you. It’s warm and so soft on the inside. I would say it runs true-to-size; I got the Medium and it fits a little loosely, but that’s how I like this type of top to fit. If you’re between sizes, you could probably size down. I ordered the Halo Blush/White, which is currently on sale, but as you know with Amazon, the price could change at any moment.
2. The Piano Guys rendition of Grow as We Go on YouTube. This is such a sweet daddy/daughter duet – tugs on the ol’ heartstrings!
3. Gorilla Grip Easy Pour Spout Mixing Bowls, Set of 2, Red. When we moved recently, I tried to replace some of my kitchen basics. This set of mixing bowls is reasonably priced and they’re sturdy and easy to clean. And a bonus find – if you find yourself in need of new measuring spoons, this Set of 6 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons are great quality.
4. Air Fryer Chicken Wings (super crispy). I bought my husband an air fryer for Christmas, and we’ve been trying different kinds of food in it. These wings are one of my favorites so far.
5. Barefoot Dreams Heathered Throw Blanket. We keep a few throw blankets scattered around the family room, and I have claimed this one as mine. 🙂 I picked it up at Nordstrom Rack (which is the site I linked to) because I’d heard how great these were and knew that the sale price was a good one. They no longer have the color I bought – Cream/Dove – but they do have it in other colors. It’s on Amazon also, but as soft and warm as the blanket is, I personally wouldn’t pay that price for it.
I’ll be driving down to Florida with our girls tomorrow, and then saying goodbye to them and flying back home on Sunday. As my mother says, life is a series of happy hellos and sad goodbyes. It’s been such a joy having them home for these five weeks and our house will be way too quiet without them here!
I hope you stay warm and dry wherever you are today and are able to enjoy your weekend!