Happy Thanksgiving Eve!! If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, I hope your preparations are in full swing. I’m cooking my turkey today and also putting together a couple of the casseroles to store in the fridge so they’re ready to slide into the oven tomorrow. I’ve got one daughter making the pumpkin pie and the other daughter making an apple pie, so desserts are covered!
This week I’ve been reading through some Psalms that describe who God is and what He does for us. Yesterday I was in Psalm 34. I wrote down a list of all the things that particular chapter tells me about God.
As we slow down and focus on gratitude during this season, I came up with fourteen things we can thank God for from this passage. I’ve included the specific verse along with the blessing in case you want to go through and read it for yourself.
1.He hears us. [Verse 4]
2. He delivers us from all our fears. [Verse 4]
3. He saves us out of all our troubles. [Verse 6]
4. His angel encamps around us. [Verse 7]
5. He blesses us as we trust Him. [Verse 8]
6. He will supply our needs as we fear Him. [Verse 9]
7. When we seek Him, we won’t lack any good thing. [Verse 10]
8. His eyes are on us. [Verse 15]
9. His ears are open to our cries. [Verse 15]
10. He’s near when our heart is broken. [Verse 18]
11. He saves us when we have a humble spirit. [Verse 18]
12. He delivers us from affliction. [Verse 19]
13. He redeems His servants’ souls. [Verse 22]
14. We won’t be desolate if we trust in Him. [Verse 22]
I hope that each of us will take some time alone with God tomorrow to thank Him not only for our many blessings but also for how faithful He’s been to us, in the good times and the hard ones.
Now before I get to that turkey, I wanted to say how thankful I am for you, my blog readers!! It’s truly a blessing that you take time to read here on a regular basis! I’m so grateful for your support and wish you and your loved ones a very Happy Thanksgiving!
- 10 Things to Be Grateful for This Thanksgiving
- 8 Thanksgiving Bible Verses to Teach Your Children
- A Powerful Prayer of Blessing for Your Family
Anastasia Mayo says
Thank you for your blogs. May God bless you and your family this holiday season.
Thank you for reading and commenting here! Hope you and your family are blessed in this season as well!
Happy Thanksgiving, Tracey! We’re going to take my MIL out for dinner tomorrow, and I’m excited about not having to cook! I know that sounds bad, but I’ve cooked Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners so many years when it has just been my family, and that gets old. 🙂 I’m looking forward to having someone else cook — and clean up. 🙂
Good for you – and that doesn’t sound bad at all!! I hope y’all enjoy dinner out today! There’ve been a few times when it was just the four of us here for Thanksgiving and we went out to Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving dinner. It’s definitely nice to have a break from the cooking and cleaning up 🙂 Happy Thanksgiving!
As always around here, late to the party, but no less sincere in my gratitude for your friendship and encouragement!
Awww, thanks, Sues, I feel the same way!! So glad God crossed our paths on the Internet!