I can’t believe I just typed that in my title – July!! Summer is a-flying by!
I’ll start with a wrap-up of my June goals.
Spiritual Growth: Write out a specific prayer list for each of my immediate family members at the beginning of the month and pray through it every day.
Family: Plan for and enjoy our trip to the mountains.
Relationships/Service: Write and mail one thank-you note each week. I did this twice.
Personal Development/Health: Have a meal plan ready for the week ahead every Sunday night. As well as this worked in May, I just couldn’t motivate myself to get it done this time around.
Blog: Write one 600+ word post each week. I was fortunate just to get any blog post up most days!
I’m thoroughly enjoying this summer, but I’m finding that every day looks different. I haven’t done well with fitting in all the tasks that I normally do, and I’m realizing that it’s okay. This is just a season (literally!) where I’ll expect a little less of myself, while enjoying these moments of having my girls around the house and doing things with and for them.
That being said, I decided to only allow fun goals for July! Looking ahead, I know that this month will be as full as June, so I’m going to embrace it.
Here are my five goals for this month.
1. Read one fiction book a week.
2. Make this No-Bake Summer Berry Icebox Cake for our July 4th dessert. (My husband saw this recipe and it looks like a perfectly cool ending to our meal!)
3. Find a great movie (or two) to watch on my Kindle during our flights later this month (any recommendations welcome!)
4. Buy myself a new pair of sandals. (I had to throw out my favorite pair last month when they started coming apart 🙁
5. Be consistent in daily prayer and Bible reading. This is what I know I need to do to be my best self every day. This past week, I’ve found myself substituting some VBS prep – which did involve Bible reading – for my personal time in the Word, and I missed it!
What would be a fun goal for you to meet in July?
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.