As some warmer weather came through earlier this week, I started looking in my closet to see what I could trade for my heavier jackets and winter boots!
It will still be awhile before I can wear spring clothes full-time, but I like to evaluate the pieces that I already own so that I can be ready to put together some new outfits when those higher temperatures arrive for good.
Here are 10 style ideas that I’d like to include in my wardrobe this spring.
1. Maxi dress with denim jacket. This look is so pretty (okay, except that the hat’s not my thing 😉 For me to copy this idea, I’d just need to find the right maxi dress. I’ve dragged a few to the dressing room in the past, but haven’t found one that I really liked. However, I’m willing to give it another try! As for denim jackets….I have three in my closet and have passed up many more that I wanted to buy! I do want to replace a white one that I loved and finally wore out, so that will be at the top of my spring shopping list.
2. Striped blazer. I like how this could dress up pretty much any solid-colored skirt, and could be dressy or casual, depending on the rest of the outfit.
3. Maxi skirt. I own two maxi skirts, both of which have seen better days, so I’d like to replace those this year. Maxi skits tend to be very versatile, and can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion. A key for me is getting the right fit in length and a material that’s not too clingy. This outfit would also be cute with a denim vest (which I have and love!) or a cardigan.
4. Cargo utility vest. I just bought one of these a couple of weeks ago because I had seen it styled on several fashion blogs and liked the look. I’ve already worn mine a couple of times! I liked it with a navy and white striped t-shirt and a khaki skirt; next I want to try it with a striped skirt and solid-colored shirt.
|Source: One Little Momma|
5. Navy and white. I have a navy jacket similar to this one and I’d love to find a dress to wear it with. This color combination is so classic and pretty!
6. Gingham shirt and colored denim skirt. It may be difficult to find a gingham shirt that looks fresh and current, yet age-appropriate, but I’ll see what I can do. I’d love to find colored denim skirts for myself and my older daughter, too.
7. Sheath dress. On a good day, this is the one style of dress I can still fit into and look okay in. This color is lovely, too – I think it’s universally flattering.
8. Bright colors with neutrals. While I don’t know if I could pull off this particular shade of orange, I really like the color combination.
9. Striped t-shirts. I’ve already confessed to having a couple of blue and white striped shirts, but I’d like other colors as well – perhaps pink or red!
10. Metallic flats. I have a pair of gold flats that I need to replace, and this pair looks very comfortable!
If you’d like to see more of my favorite fashion picks, follow my Fashion Board on Pinterest.
What item would you like to add to your spring wardrobe?
I've heard that wearing maxi dresses with a t-shirt or turtleneck underneath is a trendy way to transition into spring. I don't know if I could pull that off, though…
Navy & white is my fave neutral combo!
I would love a colored denim skirt like that pic!
I want to see you cargo utility vest, too!
CE Watson says
Cute combinations, and modest, too. Not sure I could pull off some of these looks, but they would be great on you, Tracey! Thank you for the sneak preview of the spring fashions! Chris