Just ten more days until our lazy summer mornings turn into the rush hour of getting ready and out the door in time for school.
I get a much smoother start to the day if I plan what’s for breakfast in advance – and if I can do most of the work for it ahead of time, so much the better!!
Here are ten of my favorite make-ahead breakfasts.
1. Chocolate Chip Mini-Muffins. This homemade muffin recipe is my girls’ favorite, though I bake them as regular-sized muffins. Not only can I make these the afternoon before, but I also prepare a double batch and freeze half of them so I can simply defrost and serve them on a super-busy morning.
2. Easy Breakfast Casserole. I put this together the night before, then just pull it out and bake it the next morning.
3. Overnight Cinnamon Rolls. These are so tasty! Yes, the recipe uses yeast, but it’s not hard to make!
4. Ham and Cheese Mini Breakfast Pies. I made these for the first time last week and they are good! These can be made ahead of time, then refrigerated or frozen. They reheated perfectly in my toaster oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
5. Chocolate Coffee Cake. I make this without the topping and it’s another of my girls’ favorites.
6. Easy, Make-Ahead Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal. This is a new variation I’m trying and I’m wondering if the icing on top will make it more appealing to my girls – who normally aren’t fans of oatmeal.
7. Blueberry Pull-Apart Biscuits. I put these biscuits together, arrange them on the baking sheet, then cover loosely with plastic wrap. In the morning, I’ll just bake and drizzle with the icing.
8. Healthy, Delicious Fruit Pizza. I can’t make this often as I end up eating most of it!
9. Maple Fruit and Nut Granola. I nearly always have a batch of this in the pantry. Sprinkled on plain yogurt, it’s my go-to breakfast.
10. Baked Oatmeal Cups. Once again, I would put these together the night before, cover in the refrigerator overnight, then bake in the morning.
What’s your favorite make-ahead breakfast?
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.