I made it through all four of the books I planned to read in May!
- Restless: Because You Were Made for More by Jennie Allen. This book dealt with finding the work that God has for you by studying the threads of your life that He has uniquely woven together to fit you for His calling.
- Wife After God: Drawing Closer to God and Your Husband by Jennifer Smith. This was actually a devotional, which I started the month by using each morning, but ended up just reading the final ten days or so all at once. The best section was the one on praying for your spouse. It challenged me to pray even more specifically for my husband’s needs on a daily basis.
- Parenting with Purpose: Winning the Heart of Your Child by Paul and Billie Kaye Tsika. This book taught parents to develop a balance between discipline and grace when dealing with their children. Guidance for parenting teens was woven throughout the book, which I found helpful for my current season!
- Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives by Gretchen Rubin. You can read my full review here.
I read two other books this month as well.
- Come Home to Supper by Christy Jordan. This is Christy’s (SouthernPlate.com) second cookbook and I really enjoyed it! I’ve got a number of recipes I want to try.
- Sweet Journey: A Bible Study by Teri Maxwell. A friend at church gave me this book a few years ago and I enjoyed the study so much that I went back through it again.
Here are the books I hope to read in June.
Spiritual: What Happens When Women Pray by Evelyn Carol Christenson
Marriage: The 10 Commandments of Marriage by Ed Young
Parenting: Hopeful Parenting: Encouragement for Raising Kids Who Love God by David Jeremiah
Personal Growth: Women Living Well by Courtney Joseph (This is a re-read.)
What have you been reading lately?
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.