After planning and saving for quite awhile, our family finally took our cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Magic last week.
Here’s a quick pictorial overview.
Sailing out of Port Canaveral on Monday
|Our 13-year-old in front of the porthole window in our stateroom|
Arriving in Nassau, Bahamas, on Tuesday
|The amazing Atlantis resort|
Our cruise ship docked in Castaway Cay on Wednesday
Sunset on our last night of the cruise
Disembarking the ship on Friday
A few highlights….
- Sitting next to my husband on deck 10 in lounge chairs, both of us reading books (this was part of every single day – loved it!)
- Marcus and Mariann, our servers at dinner each night, who made our meals an enjoyable occasion
- Clear and gentle waters in Castaway Cay – and water slides for the girls to enjoy
- Beautiful weather all week
- Riding on a bus in the Bahamas – where they drive on the “wrong” side of the road
- Nightly turndown service with chocolates and towel animals
- My husband parasailing for the first time
- Realizing that snorkeling is not a water activity I will try again
- Being totally unplugged for four days – no cell phones, no internet, no television (except for the non-stop Disney animated movies that the girls watched from time to time)
It’s back to our normal routine this week, so I should be back to regular blogging on Wednesday!
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.