With Mother’s Day fast approaching, here are 13 of my favorite quotes about moms.
- A suburban mother’s role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. ~Peter De Vries
- Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its’ mother is feeling chilly. ~Ambrose Bierce
- She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn’t take them along. ~Margaret Culkin Banning
- A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. – Tenneva Jordan
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. – Unknown
- Making a decision to have a child–it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. – Elizabeth Stone
- When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. – Sophia Loren
- And remember that behind every successful woman……is a basket of dirty laundry. – Unknown
- A mother is a person who if she is not there when you get home from school, you wouldn’t know how to get your dinner, and you wouldn’t feel like eating it anyway. – Anonymous
- It is not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings. – Ann Landers
- There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him asleep. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We worry about what a child will be tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. – Stacia Tauscher
- Children seldom misquote you. They more often repeat word for word what you shouldn’t have said. – Mae Maloo
This post was originally published on May 6, 2009.
I like 2 and 8 but they are all fun
I think we got our quotes from the same place 🙂
I love the last one!
Adelle Laudan says
Lovely quotes. Happy Mother's Day & Happy T13!
LOL! Love these quotes! Esp. #13! =) Happy Mother’s Day!
Wonderful list! I agree with all of it, but I laughed out loud, causing my children to look at me funny at #11
nice post for moms! happy mothers day!
my post is up and its for moms too!
Great quotes! 😀 LOVE IT!!
Brenda ND says
I find number 5 particularly true. I blogged on Mother’s Day too.
I am Harriet says
Those are all awesome quotes! I love them! Esp. the one about the pie – lol. So true!
Happy TT & Mother's Day!
I love these. Happy Mothers Day!
It Feels Like Chaos says
These are great!! So true about getting your kids to sleep, though. No matter how much you love them or how fun they are; that break is a much needed blessing!
I love #1 it is so true great qoutes
I love #4.
Great quotes! Thanks for collecting and sharing them.
aurie good says
These are super fun 🙂