|My husband and younger daughter on the ropes course at Stone Mountain
October was a fun, full month! Here’s how I progressed towards meeting my yearly goals.
1. Memorize praise passages:
Luke 1:46-55; Revelation 5:8-14; Psalm 145; I Chronicles 29:10-19. Just two verses left in the I Chronicles passage!
2. Begin daily devotions with ten minutes of prayer. Continued in October.
3. Send a note or e-mail of encouragement to someone every week. I did this three out of the four weeks last month.
Read through my book list.
Publish an e-book.
3. Try something new each month. I walked up Stone Mountain and found a great homemade chocolate cake recipe!
1. Continue monthly daddy/daughter date nights for my husband and each of the girls and quarterly husband/wife date nights for my husband and I. With our Atlanta trip, we skipped dates for the girls in October. However, two of the mornings at our hotel, my husband and I went down to the restaurant for breakfast while the girls ate in our room. I’ll call that a date for us!
2. Plan one fun homeschool day each month. The girls loved celebrating Plush Animal Lovers Day on Monday. We used stuffed animals in homeschooling, had a stuffed animal treasure hunt, and held a contest with categories like softest, most life-like, and best-loved – with candy prizes for the owners, of course!
3. Purchase a special dinner plate for celebrating accomplishments and use it for each family member at least once a month. (crickets chirping…)
1. Exercise for 20 minutes at least 4 days a week. I got off track with this for a week, but got back on schedule for the last two weeks.
2. Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days a week. Let’s just say there was a bit too much chocolate cake and apple pie in my diet the last couple of weeks. (And no, as much as I’m tempted to, I don’t count apple pie as a serving of fruit.)
3. Keep a food journal to track the goal above as well as to note if I’m continuing to limit my sweets to one per day. I did okay with this; there were just more sweets than healthy eats to track!
Here’s hoping I’ll finish out the year strong!
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.