I’m awarding November the award for fastest month of 2013!
So thankful for the fellowship of friends – and good food! – yesterday, and looking forward to spending time with family today and tomorrow before we enter “Birthday Week” at our house. By next Wednesday, I’ll have a 13-year-old and an 11-year-old!
Here’s how I did on my 2013 goals in November.
Memorize praise passages: Luke 1:46-55; Revelation 5:8-14; Psalm 145; I Chronicles 29:10-19. I finished memorizing the I Chronicles passage in November. I’ll spend December reviewing these passages as well as others I’ve memorized in the past.
2. Begin daily devotions with ten minutes of prayer. Done in November.
3. Send a note or e-mail of encouragement to someone every week. Accomplished 3 out of 4 weeks.
Read through my book list.
Publish an e-book.
3. Try something new each month. I tried a few new recipes, included this One Dish, Mock Chicken Pot Pie which I’ve already made twice!
1. Continue monthly daddy/daughter date nights for my husband and each of the girls and quarterly husband/wife date nights for my husband and I. My husband was planning to take the girls hunting this month; looks like he might fit one in on Saturday night and the other in December.
2. Plan one fun homeschool day each month. Missed this in November.
3. Purchase a special dinner plate for celebrating accomplishments and use it for each family member at least once a month. I’ve got this for December. Surely I can remember to use it for each daughter on her birthday!!!
1. Exercise for 20 minutes at least 4 days a week. Did 2 out of 4 weeks.
2. Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days a week. I wasn’t consistent with this in November.
3. Keep a food journal to track the goal above as well as to note if I’m continuing to limit my sweets to one per day. Wasn’t consistent with this either. I need to do a better job on meeting these physical goals next month so I can finish out the year strong.
Hard to believe that it’s time to begin thinking about goals for 2014!
Leave a Reply