I’ll go ahead and confess that August was probably my worst month so far for meeting my yearly goals. I can’t tell you exactly why, but I’m working to make sure that I do better in September!
So here’s how it went.
1. Memorize praise passages:
Luke 1:46-55; Revelation 5:8-14; Psalm 145; I Chronicles 29:10-19. I did start working on the I Chronicles passage in August.
2. Begin daily devotions with ten minutes of prayer. Continued in August.
3. Send a note or e-mail of encouragement to someone every week. Only did this once.
Read through my book list. I finished Stepping Heavenward in August. That was the only book I had left on my 2013 reading list.
Publish an e-book.
3. Try something new each month. I made a few new recipes in August and tried a different “chicken-fingers” restaurant, but it didn’t top Raising Cane’s! I guess I could add homeschooling a 7th grader to this list!
1. Continue monthly daddy/daughter date nights for my husband and each of the girls and quarterly husband/wife date nights for my husband and I. My husband had dates with each of the girls in August.
2. Plan one fun homeschool day each month. Yay for Toasted Marshmallow Day today!
3. Purchase a special dinner plate for celebrating accomplishments and use it for each family member at least once a month. Nope.
1. Exercise for 20 minutes at least 4 days a week. I did this one week in August. Can I blame the hot weather???
2. Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days a week. Wasn’t consistent with this.
3. Keep a food journal to track the goal above as well as to note if I’m continuing to limit my sweets to one per day. Another “fail” for August.
Please tell me that you fared better than I did in August!!
Mama S says
I like how you have set goal written down and that you were able to update, I think I should do the same. Book likes are a great idea! Maybe a 2014 one on my blog 🙂
Happy Toasted Marshmallow Day! Oh, the mess I made this evening with my stick blender, making the milkshakes. But they were delicious, so it was worth it!
I haven't thought much about my goals this month, so I don't know how I did. I guess I'll think about it this weekend when I start writing about it.
And I think you did a good job. You finished your e-book, and you read all of the books on your list, among other things.
Raj Thandhi @Pink Chai Style says
I love the idea of having monthly goals…it's something I will have to try. Thanks for sharing yours:)
Pink Chai Style