|One of my adorable nephews!|
She took the words right out of my heart in When You Think Your Love Story is Boring.
When my girls were younger, we read most of Tsh’s list of Twaddle-Free Books for Young Children: My Top 10 Favorites.
Katie has given me some inspiration with her Making Mealtime Memories: Themed Tuesdays post.
Since both Sues and Nikki gave me the Sunshine Award recently, I decided to answer the questions as part of today’s post.
The rules for the award are as follows:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
Here are the questions:
1. What is your favorite color? Yellow….today. My girls ask me this sometimes and it just depends on whether you’re talking wall color, crayon, shoes, etc.
2. What is your favorite animal?
Pet? dog, specifically a peekapoo, cockapoo, or bichon frise
3. What is your favorite number? seven….or three…or twenty-two since today’s our 22nd wedding anniversary 🙂
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Since I drink water most of the time, I’ll slide this into the dessert realm and say a Caramel Cheesecake milkshake from CookOut.
5. What is your favorite alcoholic drink? none
6. Facebook or Twitter? Twitter – a limit of 140 characters keeps things short and sweet. Facebook would be too much of a time waster for me.
7. What are your passions? I enjoy reading good fiction or non-fiction books, traveling with my family, and taking walks on the beach.
8. Prefer getting or giving presents? Giving, especially when I can find just the right present for a loved one. Let’s admit it, though, it’s also nice getting a great present!
9. What is your favorite city? We live just outside of Charleston, SC, and it’s pretty special! From what I’ve seen of it, Asheville, NC, would be a nice place to live, too.
10. What are your favorite TV shows? I don’t watch any regular programming and we only have very basic cable television, but when we stay in hotels, I like watching Food Network.
Here are the bloggers I nominate:
- Katie at Blessed Femininity
- Aurie at Welcome to Our Good Life (her second nomination since Nikki also gave her this award)
- Janet at Frugal and Focused
- Lisa at The Pennington Point
We’re off for an early morning trip to the beach, followed by lunch at Skoogies – a great start to our anniversary day! Hope you have a great weekend!
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned. I love the number 3 as well. My husband has family in Asheville and it is so beautiful there. I could live there if it didn't get so cold. 😉
Thanks for the nomination.
Have a great weekend.
I have loved that "When You Think Your Love Story is Boring" post I've been seeing around these days.
Oh, I can see you being a yellow person! Love!
And CookOut has the BEST milkshakes!!! I always get them when I come home to NC!!! (I like the Banana Pudding one :-))
Yes, Food Network is what our family watches the most of together. 🙂
(And it still amazes me sometimes you live in my happy place! I can't count how many times we've driven by where Skoogies is! :-D)
We were at Isle of Palms beach on Saturday – and I can understand why Charleston is your happy place! After reading all your raving reviews about Texas, I told my mom last week that I would seriously consider moving there!! My parents loved Texas when they lived there for a couple of years while my dad was in the Army.
Have a great Monday!
You're not on facebook? I keep thinking about giving it up, but then I would lose touch with a few, just a few, people that I don't want to. Oh, well.
I enjoyed your links, especially the themed suppers. How fun! If you start doing them, please share your ideas.
No, I'm not on Facebook; however, my husband is. I have his password, so I can log in if I choose to and find out how friends are doing that way. He uses it mostly for his business contacts, but does follow friends that we have in common. I know people certainly use Facebook "responsibly" 😉 I just know that for me, I would get caught up reading/checking one thing after another and the minutes would be flying by. I feel like I'm already on the computer a lot, so Facebook would just add to that. Plus, sometimes I find out more than I want to know about someone through Facebook!!
My girls head off to sleepover camp for the week at a local church this afternoon. I've never had them both gone from home this many days (except when they were with my parents while my husband and I were traveling), so this will be a new experience! Can't imagine how quiet it will be around the house!!
Hope you have a great week!
Wow, Tracey ~ a double thank you! Very humbled that you nominated me for the Sunshine Award ~ love the name of it ~ and for the link. 🙂
It was fun to read your answers. I'm a fellow nonFacebooker. 🙂 We also don't have TV channels, and I had to smile at your answer about the Food Network. That's what I watch too if we are out at a hotel.
Thanks again and have a great week ahead!