July….really??? This month holds our annual July 4th tradition of attending a minor league baseball game (with fireworks afterwards), a week of Vacation Bible School at our church, my husband’s birthday, a trip for the girls and I to visit my family in Virginia, and the girls going to a week-long church camp. We have quite a bit to look forward to in the next few weeks!
Here’s the progress I’ve made on my 2013 goals.
1. Memorize praise passages:
Luke 1:46-55; Revelation 5:8-14; Psalm 145; I Chronicles 29:10-19. I finished memorizing Psalm 145 in June. I plan to review previous Bible memory verses in July and pick up with the I Chronicles passage in August.
2. Begin daily devotions with ten minutes of prayer. Continued in June.
3. Send a note or e-mail of encouragement to someone every week. I did this three out of the four weeks.
1. Read through my book list. Just one book left!
2. Publish an e-book. I feel like I made good progress on this. My e-book should be ready to distribute soon – hopefully in July, but if not, than August. I’m so excited about finishing this up!!
3. Try something new each month. I wasn’t very adventurous in June. We tried one new restaurant – The Tupelo Honey Cafe in downtown Asheville, NC. I only tried a couple of new recipes, but none of them were worth repeating.
1. Continue monthly daddy/daughter date nights for my husband and each of the girls and quarterly husband/wife date nights for my husband and I. We considered the girls ziplining with their dad as this month’s date. 🙂 He and I had a date this month.
2. Plan one fun homeschool day each month. Skipping this goal for June and July.
3. Purchase a special dinner plate for celebrating accomplishments and use it for each family member at least
once a month. I continue to struggle with this; I only used it once in June.
1. Exercise for 20 minutes at least 4 days a week. Done in June.
2. Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days a week. Done in June.
3. Keep a food journal to track the goal above as well as to note if I’m continuing to limit my sweets to one per day. I haven’t been as faithful with keeping track of this on a daily basis.
The year is half over and I’m looking forward to continuing with these goals in the second half of 2013.
What goals are you working towards?
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.