July….really??? This month holds our annual July 4th tradition of attending a minor league baseball game (with fireworks afterwards), a week of Vacation Bible School at our church, my husband’s birthday, a trip for the girls and I to visit my family in Virginia, and the girls going to a week-long church camp. We have quite a bit to look forward to in the next few weeks!
Here’s the progress I’ve made on my 2013 goals.
1. Memorize praise passages:
Luke 1:46-55; Revelation 5:8-14; Psalm 145; I Chronicles 29:10-19. I finished memorizing Psalm 145 in June. I plan to review previous Bible memory verses in July and pick up with the I Chronicles passage in August.
2. Begin daily devotions with ten minutes of prayer. Continued in June.
3. Send a note or e-mail of encouragement to someone every week. I did this three out of the four weeks.
1. Read through my book list. Just one book left!
2. Publish an e-book. I feel like I made good progress on this. My e-book should be ready to distribute soon – hopefully in July, but if not, than August. I’m so excited about finishing this up!!
3. Try something new each month. I wasn’t very adventurous in June. We tried one new restaurant – The Tupelo Honey Cafe in downtown Asheville, NC. I only tried a couple of new recipes, but none of them were worth repeating.
1. Continue monthly daddy/daughter date nights for my husband and each of the girls and quarterly husband/wife date nights for my husband and I. We considered the girls ziplining with their dad as this month’s date. 🙂 He and I had a date this month.
2. Plan one fun homeschool day each month. Skipping this goal for June and July.
3. Purchase a special dinner plate for celebrating accomplishments and use it for each family member at least
once a month. I continue to struggle with this; I only used it once in June.
1. Exercise for 20 minutes at least 4 days a week. Done in June.
2. Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days a week. Done in June.
3. Keep a food journal to track the goal above as well as to note if I’m continuing to limit my sweets to one per day. I haven’t been as faithful with keeping track of this on a daily basis.
The year is half over and I’m looking forward to continuing with these goals in the second half of 2013.
What goals are you working towards?