April was a mix of successes and failures. I’m glad that I decided to post a yearly goals update at the end of each month as it helps me regain focus on what I’d like to accomplish during 2013.
Once again, I’ll be basing my update on the first three weeks of the month. I was out of town all last week and am not good about tracking these things while on vacation!
1. Memorize praise passages:
Luke 1:46-55; Revelation 5:8-14; Psalm 145; I Chronicles 29:10-19. I struggled with verses 11 and 12 of Psalm 145; it took me a couple of weeks just to master those two verses! I’m hoping I’ll be able to move more quickly through the rest of the chapter.
2. Begin daily devotions with ten minutes of prayer. Consistent with this in April.
3. Send a note or e-mail of encouragement to someone every week. I missed doing this one week.
1. Read through my book list. I read three of the books on my 2013 book list; I have just five books left!
2. Publish an e-book. I made very little progress on this.
3. Try something new each month. Since we were out of town for a few days, we tried new restaurants on several occasions. I also made several new cookie recipes, of which these were the best.
1. Continue monthly daddy/daughter date nights for my husband and each of the girls and quarterly husband/wife date nights for my husband and I. My husband and I had a date night this month, but we didn’t manage to schedule date nights for the girls.
2. Plan one fun homeschool day each month. We went on a field trip to a honeybee farm.
3. Purchase a special dinner plate for celebrating accomplishments and use it for each family member at least once a month. Oh, dear; missed this one again!
1. Exercise for 20 minutes at least 4 days a week. Yes!
2. Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days a week. Did this for April as well.
3. Keep a food journal to track the goal above as well as to note if I’m continuing to limit my sweets to one per day. I have my spreadsheet hanging on the refrigerator door and it’s working well!
Do you set monthly or yearly goals? How are you doing with them?