|Our Girls on Easter Sunday|
I usually find March to be a very long month, but this year it just flew by!
I’m only reporting progress on my goals for the first three weeks of March. Last week I had family from out-of-town visiting for several days and didn’t stay on track in many areas.
1. Memorize praise passages:
Luke 1:46-55; ; Psalm 145; I Chronicles 29:10-19. I’ve memorized the first ten verses of Psalm 145.
2. Begin daily devotions with ten minutes of
prayer. Consistent with this in March.
3. Send a note or e-mail of encouragement to someone every
week. Accomplished for March.
1. Read through my book list. I read three books on my 2013 book list last month.
2. Publish an e-book. I spent at least fifteen minutes three days a week working on this project.
3. Try something
new each month. New recipes seem to be my default here! For Easter, I made a chocolate pie from my Southern Plate cookbook. During the month, I also attempted Cinnamon Roll Muffins, a different recipe for homemade waffles, and several new chocolate chip cookie recipes. (I’m still looking for a family favorite.) In our Wednesday night children’s program at church, I used the Resurrection Eggs – which I’d heard of, but never used – for our story time and the kids really enjoyed it!
1. Continue monthly
daddy/daughter date nights for my husband and each of the girls and quarterly
husband/wife date nights for my husband and I. All three of us had dates with my husband in March!
2. Plan one fun homeschool
day each month. We had our Welcome Spring Tea Party.
3. Purchase a special dinner plate for celebrating
accomplishments and use it for each family member at least once a
month. Total failure on this one.
1. Exercise for 20 minutes at least 4
days a week. Accomplished for March.
2. Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days a
week. I only did this one week last month – ouch! However, I currently have a crisper full of fruits and vegetables so I’m determined to hit this goal in April.
3. Keep a food journal to track the goal above as well
as to note if I’m continuing to limit my sweets to one per day. I’ve been consistent with keeping the journal. I don’t always like what it shows me, but at least I know whether or not I’m on track!
I’m excited about continuing with my goals in April!
aurie good says
Wow!! You did an amazing job 🙂 I'm with you that March flew by and it's seems crazy to be in April already!