February’s 28 days always fly by so quickly! Here’s how I’m doing with my goals for 2013.
1. Memorize praise passages: Luke 1:46-55; Revelation 5:8-14; Psalm 145; I Chronicles 29:10-19. In February, I memorized Revelation 5:8-14. Two passages done for the year!
2. Begin daily devotions with ten minutes of prayer. Consistent with this last month.
3. Send a note or e-mail of encouragement to someone every week. I accomplished this goal for the month.
1. Read through my book list. I finished three books on my list last month and started a fourth.
2. Publish an e-book. I’m making progress! I’m doing one final edit, then the content will be set.
3. Try something new each month. This month I made a new salad dressing recipe and we visited a local Italian restaurant. I also decorated the dining room for Valentine’s Day (I usually don’t decorate at all for February 14th) and joined Pinterest.
1. Continue monthly daddy/daughter date nights for my husband and each of the girls and quarterly husband/wife date nights for my husband and I. Due to several Sunday nights being taken up with other events, the girls did not have their date nights in February. However, my husband and I were able to have our date!
2. Plan one fun homeschool day each month. We had a pajama day in February. Usually the girls are dressed for the day when we begin school, but this day they did all their school work while still in their pajamas.
3. Purchase a special dinner plate for celebrating accomplishments and use it for each family member at least once a month. I got the plate, but haven’t used it yet. Must do better with this in March!
1. Exercise for 20 minutes at least 4 days a week. Done.
2. Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days a week. Done.
3. Keep a food journal to track the goal above as well as to note if I’m continuing to limit my sweets to one per day. I actually created a simple spreadsheet so I can just check off my progress each day. I keep track of these physical goals and a couple of others. (If you’re interested, you can view the sheet here. I keep this on the front of my refrigerator and so far this approach is working well!)
How are you doing with your goals for the year?