As I wrote out my goals for this year, I tried to find the right balance between challenging myself and enjoying the journey. I hope I’ve achieved that.
1. Memorize praise passages: Luke 1:46-55; Revelation 5:8-14; Psalm 145.
2. Begin daily devotions with ten minutes of prayer. (I really want to work on strengthening my prayer life this year.)
3. Send a note or e-mail of encouragement to someone every week.
1. Read through my book list. (I’ll post my list later this week.)
2. Publish an e-book.
3. Try something new each month. (Could be a new food or recipe, an activity or skill, a restaurant or store, etc.)
1. Continue monthly daddy/daughter date nights for my husband and each of the girls and quarterly husband/wife date nights for my husband and I.
2. Plan one fun homeschool day each month.
3. Purchase a special dinner plate for celebrating accomplishments and use it for each family member at least once a month.
1. Exercise for 20 minutes at least 4 days a week.
2. Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days a week. (I know I should do this and more every day, but I’ll take small progress at this point. 🙂
3. Keep a food journal to track the goal above as well as to note if I’m continuing to limit my sweets to one per day.
I’ve also set financial and blogging goals that I hope to reach this year and may share more about those in the future.
Have you set any goals for 2013?
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.