I was able to get a number of good books read during October. Some of these were on my Kindle; others were good, old-fashioned paper.
- The Life of John Bunyan by Edmund Venables. I’d never read a biography of John Bunyan and found this an interesting study of his life.
- When You Come Home: The True Love Story of a Soldier’s Heroism and His Wife’s Sacrifice by Nancy Cavin Pitts
- The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss. A great classic that I’d never read, I enjoyed it so much that I’m having my eleven-year-old read it as well.
- The Reagan Diaries by Ronald Reagan edited by Douglas Brinkley. This was 693 pages of Ronald Reagan….yes, I’m a fan.
- Doing Things Right in Matters of the Heart by John Ensor
- Life on the Old Plantation in Ante-Bellum Days by Rev. I. E. Lowery
- With the Master on Our Knees by Susan J. Heck. This was one of the books on my 2012 (and 2011!) reading list.
The girls and I finished Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie (not one of my favorites) and Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes. (Since I was reading this one aloud, I was able to edit out the few references to “cursed” Yankees, a.k.a. American rebels.)
What have you been reading lately?