While it’s hard to believe that November is here, this is one of my favorite seasons. There are so many opportunities to make memories!
Here’s what was memorable – or not – in October when it came to my goals for the year.
1. Memorize “one another” passages. My new passage, which will probably be the last one for this year, is Romans 12:9-21.
2. Complete our “others”
projects. While we didn’t do any of the projects on our list this month, we were able to find specific ways to help several people.
3. Highlight one prayer request per week and pray for it
throughout the day for seven days.
1. Reach goal
weight. I gained – and lost – weight in October so, as of today, I’m back to my normal weight. At this point, I’ll call that a victory!!
2. Exercise for twenty minutes at least four days a week. Accomplished.
only one sweet/baked good per day. I actually started tracking this on October 7th, and I met this goal twenty out of twenty-five days. Pretty good, but I’m going to try to do even better in November.
1. Read through my book
list. I finished another one on my list this month, leaving me two more books to finish this year.
2. Study my camera guide and learn how to take better
3. Write an e-book.
Visit five new restaurants this.
2. Plan at least one “fun” homeschool day each month. For our school day on Wednesday, I let our girls gather some old clothes and raid their dress-up basket to wear outfits that reflected a particular occupation. One was a mother with two daughters; the other was an artist clown before lunch and a chimney sweep (thanks to Mary Poppins) in the afternoon.
3. Find a
volunteer opportunity we can do as a family.
Have you set or reached any goals lately?
You're doing great! It's hard to believe that there are only two more months left in this year. Weight loss is hard; keep at it and you'll get there! I think it's actually better to lose it slowly because you're more likely to keep it off.
Thanks for the encouragement, Nikki!