You know your family loves to read when…
- One of the higlights of your recent vacation is finding a used bookstore that’s going out of business and allows you to stuff a grocery bag with as many books as you can and pay just $10. (This also shows how creative your husband can be with arranging books in a bag!)
- The children are signed up for summer reading programs with two library systems.
- There are more bookshelves in your house than there are people in your family.
- Your Kindle is loaded not only with books you want to read, but books for your children to read as well.
- It’s nothing to spend an hour at Barnes and Noble just browsing.
- Your children beg for their bedtime read-aloud no matter how late at night it is.
- Your daughter asks you to keep track of the titles and authors of all the books she reads this summer – just for fun.
- You can guarantee at least an hour of quiet in the house when you return from a trip to the library.
- Every family gift-giving occasion includes one or more books as presents.
How can you tell that your family enjoys reading?
Oh gosh, this sounds just like our family! Books and reading are a huge part of our lives as individuals and as a family. So thankful! It was one of my prayers to the Lord that our children would love to read. He has answered that prayer. I pretty much know that if my girls are quiet, they are reading and during the summer, that's a lot!
Definitely. This is our family too. We ALL love books and collect them and read them. It's not unusual for my children to sit for hours and hours reading books. At least one book per day, if they can. 🙂
Oh, yes! Definitely! I would add that children who value books tend to take care of them as well. We've got to start making regular trips to the library!