While I didn’t read any books from my 2012 book list in April, I did find time to read a number of other books!
- Persuasion and Emma by Jane Austen. After enjoying Pride and Prejudice so much last month, I read two more of Jane Austen’s classics.
- Eat This, Not That! by David Zinczenko. This book helped me learn about making healthier choices, especially when it comes to restaurant food.
- The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling by Debra Bell. I was prompted to read this book and the next one as I began planning ahead for next year’s homeschooling.
- Homeschooling for Success: How Parents Can Create a Superior Education for Their Child by Rebecca Kochenderfer and Elizabeth Kanna.
- Staying True by Jenny Sanford. This is her memoir and was a very intriguing read.
- Lady of Arlington: The Life of Mrs. Robert E. Lee by John Perry. What a fabulous book! Definitely my favorite for this month, perhaps for the year so far. I had checked this one out of the library and enjoyed it so much that I ordered a copy for myself from Paperback Swap.
- Positive Personality Profiles by Robert Rohm, Ph.D. I have read some of Robert Rohm’s work before and love how he simply explains the four personalities and gives practical information for interacting with each type.
- Secret Power or The Secret of Success in Christian Life and Work by D.L. Moody. Another good book from a famous Christian preacher of the past.
The girls and I finished our bedtime read-aloud, What Katy Did at School by Susan Coolidge, and began What Katy Did Next. We’ll be finishing our current lunchtime read-aloud, The Story of the Trapp Family Singers, next week.
Have you read any good books lately?