We are a third of the way through the year and it’s time to evaluate my progress with my 2012 goals (updates in bold print).
1. Memorize “one another” passages. I memorized Philippians 2:1-11 during April. It was actually an easy passage for me as I had memorized portions of it before. This month I’m spending some time reviewing verses I’ve learned in the past, and will begin a new “one another” passage in June.
2. Complete our “others” projects. For April, we decided to purchase and collect items for a local animal shelter. We plan to deliver those items this week.
3. Highlight one prayer request per week and pray for it
throughout the day for seven days.
1. Reach goal
2. Exercise for twenty minutes at least four days a week. My husband and I began the Couch to 5K program this month, so I’m definitely getting my exercise in! Hopefully that will result in reaching goal number one in this category.
only one sweet/baked good per day.
1. Read through my book list. I still have three books from my list to read. None of them are at our local library, so I’m hoping to get them through Paperback Swap or inexpensively through Amazon.
2. Study my camera guide and learn how to take better
3. Write an e-book.
1. Visit five new restaurants this
year. For my birthday, my husband and I ate at Magnolia’s restaurant in downtown Charleston. The time together was special; the food, not so much.
2. Plan at least one “fun” homeschool day each month. Missed this by a day, but we’ll count it for April! Yesterday we had a backwards/mixed up school day in which we did as many things as possible out of order. For this month, we’re planning an end-of-the-school-year picnic.
3. Find a
volunteer opportunity we can do as a family.
I definitely need to make more progress on several of these goals. Hopefully I’ll find some motivation during May!
You're doing great! And you still have 2/3 of the year left to finish up!
Awesome, Tracey! Looks like a lot of forward progress to me! Great job on memorizing that passage in Philippians. Ok, I have to check out this "Couch to 5K" program!? Really need some inspiration in the exercise department. My husband is putting me to shame there. It would be great if we could start something together. How thoughtful to donate to an animal shelter. This must be something very meaningful for your girls, and I know the shelter will be blessed through your kindness!
Thanks for sharing your updates!
Way to go girl – you have made excellent progress 🙂 I love that you are donating to an animal shelter, something near and dear to my heart!!