“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” ~Philippians 4:6
Last week, I was blessed to see God answer a prayer that’s been on my heart for months. In His goodness and faithfulness, He granted the request.
As I thanked Him for His answer, I pondered these five things that answered prayer does in my life.
1. It reminds me that God loves me. He hears my prayers and understands my concerns.
2. It encourages me to continue praying for other requests that I have.
3. It helps me understand that God always wants what’s best for me and for those for whom I intercede. If it seems that He’s not answering my prayer, I can trust that He will work in His own way and in His own time to bring His will to pass.
4. It reaffirms in my mind that nothing is too hard for God. There are times when it is especially evident that God has worked in ways that man cannot explain.
5. It gives me another reason to praise Him. While I already have so much for which to be thankful, answered prayer is yet another reason to give God honor and glory by sharing with others what He has done for me.
May God grant us all the blessing of seeing answered prayer in our lives!
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.