Last year was the first time that I created an actual reading list for myself and I was pleased with the results. I was motivated to read not only the books on my list, but others as well. My blog readers are great accountability partners!
There were two books that I wanted to read, but didn’t get to in 2011.
1. With the Master on Our Knees by Susan J. Heck.
2. The Parenting Breakthrough: Real-Life Plan to Teach Kids to Work, Save Money, and Be Truly Independent by Merrilee Browne Boyack.
Here are ten more books I want to read in the coming year.
3. Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss. I have read this book before, but it speaks to me so directly that I want to re-read it every year.
5. Debt-Proof Your Kids by Mary Hunt.
6. The Master’s Indwelling by Andrew Murray.
7. Ordering Your Private World by Gordon MacDonald.
8. The Attributes of God, Volumes One and Two, by A.W. Tozer.
9. 365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My Life by John Kralik.
11. Teenproofing: Fostering Responsible Decision Making in Your Teenager by John Rosemond
[Just a side note: When did book subtitles become almost as long as the books themselves???]
In a few days, I hope to post a separate list of the books I want to read aloud with our daughters this year.
Have you read any of the books on my list? Do you have any particular books you’re planning to read in 2012?
Links in this post are my Amazon affiliate links.
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.