As we begin a new year, full of days to fill with hopes and dreams, I am pondering the following statements which I recently saw posted in my Dad’s study.
1. Seek to give much — expect nothing.
2. Put the very best construction on the actions of others.
3. Never let a day pass without at least a quarter of an hour spent in the study of the Bible.
4. Never omit daily morning and evening private prayer and devotion.
5. In all things seek to know God’s Will and when known obey at any cost.
6. Seek to cultivate a quiet prayerful spirit.
7. Seek each day to do or say something to further Christianity among the heathen.
What great things could I accomplish for God if I would but keep these ideas in the forefront of my mind in the coming months!
That's a great list! I was going to say I liked some of the points on the list more so than others, but when I stopped to think about it, I decided I couldn't – they are all excellent things to put into daily practise!
Those are great rules! I need to try to remember 🙂
These are wonderful thoughts! Thanks so much for posting – I'm going to write them down and post them for us 🙂 Blessings to you and your family in the New Year!
PS – I like the new pics on your header!
Oh, I have to bookmark this! 🙂 How neat! One of my gifts for Christmas from my sister-in-law was a woman's devotional journal ~ and for every day of the year, there is a short biography of a Christian woman in history. I'm so looking forward to reading about their experiences and the wisdom they have to offer!! Maybe I'll get to share some of their ideas on the blog. 🙂
Happy New Year!