- Finish saving for our family trip to Walt Disney World. This month I was able to put $102.50 into this fund, which is just over my goal of $100 per month.
- Set up monthly withdrawals into a Roth IRA. This has not been started yet, but we hope to begin the process soon.
- Find ways that I can generate income. Nothing so far, but I’m continuing to pray about it.
- Re-read In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. Since my husband purchased this book for me a few weeks ago, I have started reading it through again.
- Eat three servings of fruits and vegetables a day. I can get two servings in easily, but that third one – not so much! I need to make a concerted effort to do better in February. If only a slice of apple pie or a blueberry muffin counted as a serving of fruit!
- Exercise four times a week. I’m happy to say that I’ve accomplished this goal every week so far by walking in our neighborhood, even fitting in five days of walking for a couple of weeks.
- Spend at least twenty minutes a day, four days a week, writing (not for the blog). Going strong on this one!
- Read one book a month for personal development (marriage, parenting, writing, etc.) Reading a book is a fun goal for me, and I’ve read several books during January. I’ll share more specifics later this week.
- Redecorate our master bedroom. After experiencing thermal tracking in our living area, we will have to paint the vaulted ceilings and walls in those rooms over the next couple of months, so the master bedroom re-do has fallen to the bottom of the list for now.
- Keep a prayer journal. I am enjoying noting prayer requests, along with their answers, in my prayer journal.
- Read one spiritual book a month. I completed Be Joyful: A Bible Study in Phillipians by Warrren Wiersbe.
- Make spiritual music in the home a priority. I do well with this most mornings, but need to make it more of an emphasis in the afternoons and evenings.
- Look for an opportunity each month to bless someone. I was able to do several things for others this month and am already looking forward to seeing what I can do in February.
I have found that having these goals printed out and posted on my refrigerator door helps me keep them in mind as the days pass. How about you; did you set goals for this year? How are you doing so far? photo courtesy public domain pictures