Each week brings its share of blessings and challenges! Sometimes it’s interesting to sit back and ponder the past week and what it taught you.
- At my age, if you don’t write things down on your calendar (like which Sunday you are scheduled to teach children’s church), they will totally slip your mind (and you will be forced to make a mad dash back home to get your materials).
- Yellow jackets enjoy visiting the pumpkin patch just as much as the children do.
- Spending a whole day out shopping and getting your hair cut and highlighted results in your husband not having the proper color socks clean the next morning since the laundry didn’t get done.
- Bright, sparkly, silver shoes make an almost-nine-year-old girl very happy. Since they only cost seven dollars, her mom is pretty happy, too.
- Having your brother call and say that he is once again the proud father of a healthy baby boy (his third) gives you a good reason to shop in the infant boys’ section of your favorite store.
- Waking up with a headache and a funny feeling in the back of your throat probably means you are coming down with the illness that knocked your husband for a loop last week (and makes you wish you’d been a bit more sympathetic to his plight!)
Read about what others learned this week at Musings of a Housewife.