Each week brings its share of blessings and challenges! Sometimes it’s interesting to sit back and ponder the past week and what it taught you.
- At my age, if you don’t write things down on your calendar (like which Sunday you are scheduled to teach children’s church), they will totally slip your mind (and you will be forced to make a mad dash back home to get your materials).
- Yellow jackets enjoy visiting the pumpkin patch just as much as the children do.
- Spending a whole day out shopping and getting your hair cut and highlighted results in your husband not having the proper color socks clean the next morning since the laundry didn’t get done.
- Bright, sparkly, silver shoes make an almost-nine-year-old girl very happy. Since they only cost seven dollars, her mom is pretty happy, too.
- Having your brother call and say that he is once again the proud father of a healthy baby boy (his third) gives you a good reason to shop in the infant boys’ section of your favorite store.
- Waking up with a headache and a funny feeling in the back of your throat probably means you are coming down with the illness that knocked your husband for a loop last week (and makes you wish you’d been a bit more sympathetic to his plight!)
Read about what others learned this week at Musings of a Housewife.
Oh, Madison would LOVE those shoes 🙂
Those are great shoes. Boo has been asking for some, and I just might cave in this year…we shall see.
Hope you are feeling better!!
oh you reminded me I need to check wiht my kids church team who has the book and who I need to get the book to. THANK YOU!
The Fifth Street Mama says
Hope you feel much better soon!
you are right yellow jackets are often found out and about in the pumpkin patch but never put children and bees in same cattegory before that was good
I need a cheap pair of bright sparkly shoes for my 4 year old and they won't make me happy because they are for her costume and she will want to wear them everyday…but I will try to look at the bright side and remember how happy they made your daughter!!!!
love your list!I have to write evrything down too!
Oh dear, I forget everything and there are post it notes all over my house. It's so strange that after my 3rd child, I had to start writing everything down. Sparkly shoes rock. My daughter loves all things shiny and can tap 🙂 Hope you beat the sick bug.
Those sparkly shoes are awesome! Hope you feel better soon!!
Hi Tracey…nice to meet you! Enjoyed reading your post today.
Love the shoes…my little girl heart could go for those too!
hee hee – if i don't write it down i NEVER remember!! its not age – i've always been like that! 😉
Love those those shoes!
Know what you mean about writing things down, but then I also need to remember to CHECK the calendar!