Just a few observations and lessons learned from the past week….
- Staying up until 1:00 A.M. to visit with family when you’re used to going to bed at 10:00 P.M. can leave you feeling sleep deprived for days.
- You can actually forget how soft a newborn’s skin feels and how nice he smells, but all that comes flooding back when you hold one.
- I can love and cuddle an infant without kindling a single desire to have another one of my own.
- Seeing my girls enjoy and interact with their cousins blesses my heart and encourages me to treasure family times.
- Having your children sleep through a thunderstorm and power outage in a room they’re not normally accustomed to being in may be the direct result of their staying up until the unheard of hour of 11:00 P.M.
- My children can pass the time waiting for other family members to show up by entertaining themselves quite well in a huge Yankee Candle Store – and I am actually capable of leaving the store without making a single purchase!
- Having a meal already prepared in the freezer makes it much easier to put Sunday lunch on the table when you’ve just returned from an out-of-town trip and haven’t yet made a run to the grocery store.
Now that I’ve had several nights of good sleep and made my visit to the grocery store, things feel pretty much back to normal…..well, except for two more loads of laundry lurking in my bedroom!Find out what others have learned this week at Musings of a Housewife.
I agree with the third point!! Babies are so adorable and I just LOVE them—but don't want any more!! We have six—my "baby" is almost five and I really enjoy the no-diapers, no midnight-feedings!!
Lots of lessons. I hope you're catching up on your sleep. I am finally with you on the 3rd point too. I love to cuddle and hold but there's no more desire.
i still can't even LOOK at a baby without wanting one! i need to learn that lesson. maybe i should borrow one and get reminded of how much work they are!!!
I can't believe you left a Yankee Candle Store empty handed! I try to avoid places that sell them around here…too big of a temptation! LOL
So glad you had a good trip and that you might be recovered. I had the same late nights due to fun and dragging days afterwards. It's hard work. And I am also in the same boat with babies. LOVE having them around, but it doesn't spark anything in me at all anymore.
sounds like great lessons you learned
What a great post and a great site!
We had an adorable new born baby visiting on Monday, and so soft and sweet smelling…..and no desire to have another either!!!
Kathy C. says
Tracey, that's funny…everytime I hold a baby I WANT another one, LOL…..it's probably because I was only blessed with one and he's 20 yrs old, ;).
I like the idea of having a meal ready in the freezer, as a matter of fact, we are due to leave town for a few days and I just might have to do that! 🙂 Thanks for the tip.
Musings of a Housewife says
Ah yes. #3. I'm right there witcha. 🙂