Just a few observations and lessons learned from the past week….
- Staying up until 1:00 A.M. to visit with family when you’re used to going to bed at 10:00 P.M. can leave you feeling sleep deprived for days.
- You can actually forget how soft a newborn’s skin feels and how nice he smells, but all that comes flooding back when you hold one.
- I can love and cuddle an infant without kindling a single desire to have another one of my own.
- Seeing my girls enjoy and interact with their cousins blesses my heart and encourages me to treasure family times.
- Having your children sleep through a thunderstorm and power outage in a room they’re not normally accustomed to being in may be the direct result of their staying up until the unheard of hour of 11:00 P.M.
- My children can pass the time waiting for other family members to show up by entertaining themselves quite well in a huge Yankee Candle Store – and I am actually capable of leaving the store without making a single purchase!
- Having a meal already prepared in the freezer makes it much easier to put Sunday lunch on the table when you’ve just returned from an out-of-town trip and haven’t yet made a run to the grocery store.
Now that I’ve had several nights of good sleep and made my visit to the grocery store, things feel pretty much back to normal…..well, except for two more loads of laundry lurking in my bedroom!Find out what others have learned this week at Musings of a Housewife.
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.