It’s been a big week for us, with a bathroom makeover and all of the preparations for the girls starting back to school. Here are a few things I learned (and re-learned!) this week.
- My husband can make a major transformation in our home if he has a free weekend. He is very talented and does great work!
- You can buy a child a pair of shoes that are comfortable in the store, but are no longer comfortable when tried on at home.
- The pair of shoes you buy to replace the uncomfortable ones will cost significantly more than the original pair.
- Little things, such as receiving the wrong-size school uniform shirt for my daughter in the mail, irritate me way too easily.
- Some third graders don’t like to have mom snapping their picture in front of older kids, even on the first day of school.
- The importance of having a good teacher who loves their job and loves your child cannot be overestimated.
Read about what others learned this week by visiting Musings of a Housewife.photo courtesy public domain pictures
The Real Me! says
Very good lessons, some not so pleasant though huh? And I can relate to the shoe thing, that's why I take down the size they need, go buy them ALONE and come back and say "here you go" and then they are comfortable the "first" time they put them on and they are at home with nothing to compare them too! LOL Plus I have boys and so far they don't care! LOL
Have a great day.
Love the lessons.
So irritating about the shoes.
Our start back at the end of next week, and I now take their photos at home before we head to the school as photo taking in public is no longer sociably acceptable according to my offspring!
I've had that same problem with shoes (but with me, not my child)!!
We have the same shoe issue.
So tell me, do you rent out your husband? :o)
BTDT with the shoes! Your hubby did a great job on the bathroom!
How about when you HAVE to buy THAT outfit …then they never wear it. LOVE IT!