As has been well documented here, our girls went back to school on Monday. For my Thursday Thirteen today, I am sharing thirteen statements or questions you would have heard around our house this week if you were a fly on our wall. To protect the guilty, I will not attribute these quotes to a particular family member, only designate them as being said by a parent or a child.
- “Only 177 days of school left!” [parent]
- “I felt like an ice cube in my classroom today.” [child]
- “The boy who sits behind me drives me crazy.” [child]
- “Do I have to get up now?” [said by child, thought by parent]
- “Why are we going to bed when it’s still light outside?” [child]
- “I didn’t understand what the teacher said.” [child]
- “Are we going to be late for school?” [again, said by child, thought by parent]
- “We had to put our heads down on our desks and rest for like an hour and it was boring.” [child]
- “I spilled some of my lunch on my clothes.” [child]
- “My teacher kept calling me by my sister’s name!” [child]
- “Where’s my white school shirt?” [child; answer from parent, “You wore it yesterday and it hasn’t been washed yet!”
- “How does this book cover fit on this book?” [parent]
- “I miss you when you’re gone all day!” [parent]
This post is linked to Thursday 13.
Sign up below to receive new posts by email.