After returning from a wonderful week of family vacation, I can definitely say I learned some things! Maybe you can relate to some of these.
This week I learned that…..
- starting the day at a theme park with your first-ever roller coaster ride as a family and getting off the ride with both daughters crying can be overcome
- there is a valid reason I normally don’t ride water rides at theme parks
- I actually can get tired of eating out
- seeing a picture of your daughter’s face taken at the height of a large roller coaster ride is unbelievably priceless
- riding the swings five times in a row is one child’s notion of pure pleasure
- watching your husband being a great dad and having fun with his kids is one of the best feelings ever
- there’s nothing like sleeping in your own bed
- I thank God for my family whom I love so much and enjoy spending time with
- I’m already looking forward to our next vacation!
Great lessons – I just DON'T DO rollercoasters!
There is certainly "no place like home" (and your own bed) even after the best holiday!
Oh, the rollercoaster ride. Did you tell them that it builds character? Yeah, that didn't work with my daughter. But at least now they'll have something new to blame you for.
Hairline Fracture says
It sounds like you had a great vacation. When my kids are old enough for roller coasters, taking them on it is going to be Dad's job!
Too true! I love watching my husband with our daughter playing and having fun – it's fantastic!
I agree with the sleeping in your own bed part. Vacations are fun but there definitely comes a time to come home!
Have a great week!