This Friday Favorite Five is in honor of my sister, who is twenty-two weeks pregnant. Today she has an ultrasound and plans to find out the gender of the baby. Remembering back to those days, here are the five things I used most in those early days of parenthood.
- The On Becoming Babywise book by Gary Ezzo. As I’ve mentioned before, since I’m a “schedule” person anyway, this book helped me lay out from the beginning how our typical day might look.
- Baby Activity Floor Mat. We actually had two versions of these and it was so much fun to see the girls lie on them and bat at the toys hanging overhead.
- Swing. Neither of my girls cared for the bouncy seat, but both enjoyed being in the baby swing.
- Exersaucer. Once they got to be about four or five months old, the girls could hold themselves up and be put in the exersaucer. I think they liked it so much because they could look around and see all that was going on.
- Pack and Play. We used this in the living room as a play pen and napping spot and it made many trips to motel rooms and to visit grandparents.
Did you have favorite items you used when your children were babies? Let us know in the comments section. To all Moms, a very happy Mother’s Day weekend!
Leave a Reply