I’m not sure if it’s because Easter is in late April this year or if it’s just my general frame of mind, but I don’t feel like my heart is properly prepared for this season.
In case you’re in the same boat, I came up with a plan. I’m challenging myself to think about all that Jesus’ death accomplished. There’s not enough room to cover every aspect of that here, so I’m focusing specifically on what Jesus’ blood did for us.
None of these truths are likely new to us, but
1. No matter how wicked we’ve been or how many times we’ve sinned, Jesus’ blood cleanses us.
“Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins
2. The blood of Jesus is the only thing that could redeem us. It is pure and precious.
“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:” ~1 Peter 1:18-19
3. Jesus loved us so much that He willingly shed His own blood for us.
“And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto
4. It’s the richness of God’s grace that allows us
to be redeemed and forgiven.
“In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;” ~Ephesians 1:7
5. Our redemption is eternal. His blood bought us a life with Him that will never end.
“Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.” ~Hebrews 9:12
6. Because of Jesus’ blood, we can have fellowship with God.
“But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.” ~Ephesians 2:13
7. Because of Jesus’ blood, we can have fellowship with other believers.
“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” ~1 John 1:7
And just for a bonus truth, I thought I’d throw in an appropriate hymn to remind us that Jesus paid for ALL of our sins. Don’t let Satan throw guilt your way! Jesus’ blood covers every sin. And because He paid it all, how much we should want to love and serve Him.
I hear the Savior say,
“Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.”
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.
For nothing good have I
Where-by Thy grace to claim;
I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calv’ry’s Lamb.
And when, before the throne,
I stand in Him
“Jesus died my soul to save,”
My lips shall still repeat.
Jesus Paid It All by Elvina Hall
May you be blessed and encouraged as you think about Christ’s death and resurrection over these next few days!
- Who Was at the Tomb That First Easter Morning?
- Easter Scripture Readings for the Family
- 5 Simple Easter Bible Verses to Teach Your Children