My reading list is unusual this month in that I read more fiction books than non-fiction. That almost never happens!
The first book is on my 2016 reading list; the other four were not. All three of the fiction books were read just before or during our vacation week.
1. Fervent: A Woman’s Battle Plan for Serious, Specific, and Strategic Prayer by Priscilla Shirer. This book on prayer reminds us of who our real enemy is and the importance of using prayer to defeat him. Each chapter deals with a specific prayer topic, and includes verses to use in developing your own prayer for each situation.
2. I’m Happy for You (Sort Of….Not Really) by Kay Wills Wyma. This was a re-read; I just felt like I needed to be reminded of the truths that Kay shared in this book. You can read my extensive review of this book here.
3. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. I actually got this young adult book to preview for my teenager, but ended up reading the whole thing myself before I passed it on to her. It’s a Newberry Award winner, and quite a clever little mystery.
4. The Patmos Deception by Davis Bunn. Reading a story set on the island of Patmos was interesting and thought-provoking. I’ve always related that location to the apostle John and his writing of Revelation, but it was neat to realize that it’s a place where people actually live today. This book seemed a little slow at points for me….but maybe that’s because I ended up comparing it to my next read.
5. Gold of Kings by Davis Bunn. This was an entertaining read, with lots of adventure and mystery. I really enjoyed this one!
What have you been reading lately?