Happy 2016!! Hope you’re enjoying the first day of the new year!
It’s time to share my reading plan for the coming twelve months. Reading has always been a favorite hobby of mine. Books help me to learn and grow in every aspect of life. I usually have so many books I want to read that it’s hard to narrow down my list to a set number!
I’ve tried different methods the last two years. In 2014, I compiled a list of 50 books for the year, broken down into five categories. In 2015, I chose four books, one in each of four categories, to read every month.
This year, I’ve come up with a list of 36 books broken down into three categories. The total number is less than I’ve done in previous years, but I know I’ll be reading other books besides those listed. As I come across other books that I enjoy, I’ll share them here on the blog each month.
There will be no particular order to my reading; I’ll just choose a book from my list based on what I want to read next. I need to average three books a month to get this done in a year, so hopefully that won’t be a problem!
12 Books for Spiritual Growth
1. What Do I Know about My God? by Mardi Collier
2. Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow
3. Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
4. Keep a Quiet Heart by Elisabeth Elliot
5. The Cure for the Perfect Life by Kathi Lipp and Cheri Gregory
6. A Godward Heart by John Piper
7. The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith
8. The Christian Atheist by Craig Groeschel
9. Your Sacred Yes by Susie Larson
10. Fervent by Priscilla Shirer
11. Love Idol by Jennifer Dukes Lee
12. You’re Made for a God-Sized Dream by Holley Girth
12 Parenting Books
1. Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World by Kristen Welch
2. Screens and Teens by Dr. Kathy Koch
3. When Mothers Pray by Cheri Fuller
4. Parenting for the Launch by Dennis Trittin and Arlyn Lawrence
5. Age of Opportunity by Paul David Tripp
6. Planet Middle School by Dr. Kevin Leman
7. The Power of a Positive Mom by Karol Ladd
8. Relational Parenting by Dr. Ross Campbell
9. Making Home Work in a Broken Society by Dr. Paul Chappell
10. The Intentional Family by Dr. William J. Doherty
11. Raising Kingdom Kids by Tony Evans
12. Your Girl by Vicki Courtney
12 Books for Personal Growth
1. Sabbath by Wayne Muller
2. Living Virtuously by Erin Harrison
3. Almost Amish by Nancy Sleeth
4. 9 Things You Simply Must Do to Succeed in Love and Life by Dr. Henry Cloud
5. Love the Home You Have by Melissa Michaels
6. A Lifelong Love by Dr. Gary Thomas
7. Nourished by Becky Johnson
8. How to Blog for Profit Without Selling Your Soul by Ruth Soukup
9. The Gift of an Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison
10. Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic by Jennifer L. Scott
11. 9 Thoughts That Can Change Your Marriage by Sheila Wray Gregoire
12. The Reluctant Entertainer by Sandy Coughlin
If you’d like to see other books I hope to read in the future, check out my Pinterest board Books to Read. If you’ve read any of the books on my list, I’d love to know what you thought of them!
Have you chosen any books to read this year?