I’ve only had a smartphone for a few months, but one of my favorite uses for it is listening to podcasts, either when I’m working around the house or driving in the car by myself.
There are so many podcasts out there! I’ve mainly found those I like through the recommendations of others and by searching some of the top podcasts in particular categories I’m interested in, such as Kids and Family or Religion.
At the moment, the five podcasts listed below are my favorites. I’m subscribed to these as well as to a few others. When new episodes are downloaded to my phone, I look at the title and description to see if the topic would interest me. If not, I just delete that episode. I don’t feel obligated to listen to every single one (nor do I have the time to do that!) Therefore, I can’t say that I endorse all episodes of any podcasts, but overall, I really enjoy those listed below.
1. Family Life Today. Dennis Rainey and Bob Lepine offer helpful material and practical ideas for building families and encouraging and equipping moms for raising their children.
2. God Centered Mom. I listen to most of these episodes. Heather MacFadyen usually interviews a guest about subjects of interest to Christian moms.
3. Insight for Living. This is Chuck Swindoll’s podcast, which is usually just re-broadcasts of his radio show.
4. The Big Boo Cast. This podcast is for pure entertainment only! Melanie and Sophie just make me laugh. They’re likely to talk about college football, beauty products, fashion, and whatever is currently going on in their lives. If you’re not sure if you would enjoy their podcast, just check out their blogs at Big Mama and Boo Mama as their podcast is in the same tone as their blogs. Again, I don’t endorse 100% of the content, but do enjoy their bi-weekly (or so) podcasts.
5. Focus on the Family. I almost always listen to the Focus on Parenting podcasts and sometimes to the Daily Broadcast as well.
Dave Ramsey’s podcast didn’t make this list, only because I typically listen to his radio show either on my computer while I’m ironing (seems to make the job go much faster!) or doing other tasks around the house. I also have his show app on my phone so I can listen to it that way. Otherwise, I’d definitely be subscribed to his podcast.
I also enjoy catching Money Saving Mom’s videos on Periscope. I usually can’t watch them live, but she archives them on Katch and I will watch them later in the day, again while I’m cleaning or doing other housework.
If you have a favorite podcast, please let me know in the comments. I’m always looking for new listening material!
If you’d like to receive new blog posts by e-mail, sign up here.