The gratitude journal I started a couple of years ago has 3,465 entries.
That’s not because I’m great; it’s because God is great and, by His grace and with His help, I can recognize the blessings that surround me.
There are days when it’s harder to think of gifts to list, when the problems may seem greater than the blessings. But that’s when I need the list most, to bring my focus back to where it should be.
While I don’t list this many items every day, I wanted to share just a sample of entries from yesterday of things for which I’m thankful.
- sweet texts from my husband who’s out of town
- a Christian hairstylist with whom I can talk about God and His Word
- remembering to be thankful even when I slopped a big blotch of coconut oil on a favorite jacket, which will now be reduced to “around-the-house” wear
- sharing Sweet Frog frozen yogurt with my younger daughter, using a gift card she won in Awana
- a piano book we’d ordered for my older daughter arriving in near-record time
- an encouraging phone conversation with my mom
- safety while driving on a drizzly day
- a young lady coming forward in last night’s revival service and the opportunity to share with her the gospel and hear her pray for salvation
Eight gifts from an ordinary day, made extraordinary because of His grace.
What’s on your gratitude list today?